SCHEDULE III. SCHOOL TRAFFIC.
(A) Traffic at school traffic light.
(1) All traffic proceeding north or south on South Main Street shall observe and obey the traffic control signal at the intersection of Dewey Drive with South Main Street. All vehicles shall come to a complete stop before entering the crosswalk when the signal is flashing red intermittently; when the signal is flashing yellow, all motor vehicles will proceed with caution through said intersection and crosswalk.
(2) All persons violating this division (A) shall be fined not less than $50 nor more than $100 for each offense.
(B) During the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on each and every day that the South Jacksonville Public School is in session:
(1) All traffic shall proceed in one direction only, and that being north on South West Street in the village beginning with Vandalia Road and continuing to Dewey Drive and east on Dewey Drive to South Main Street, all in the village;
(2) All traffic shall proceed in one direction only, and that being south on South West Street beginning with West Greenwood Avenue and continuing to Dewey Drive and from South West Street and Dewey Drive East, and east only, to South Main Street, all in the village; and
(3) Any person or persons violating any provision of this division (B) shall, upon conviction thereof, be fined no less than $50 nor more than $100 for each offense.
(C) (1) The portion of West Michigan Avenue lying west of the west right-of-way line of Tendick Street and extending to the east right-of-way line of Lincoln Avenue is hereby established a school zone and it shall be unlawful for any person to drive a motor vehicle in such zone at a speed greater than 20 mph on school days when children are present.
(2) Any person, firm, or corporation violating any provision of this division (C) shall be fined not less than $50 nor more than $100 for each offense.
(Ord. 251, passed 10-4-1956; Ord. 295A, passed 2-8-1962; Ord. 333, passed 10-7-1965; Ord. 626, passed 3-6-1986)